Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Back to the Rat Race, but a wonderful break...

Willie Lotts Cottage. 17C cottage beside Flatf...Image via Wikipedia

Hi everyone. I'm feeling really fed-up today as yesterday I came back from a Field Studies Centre course with naturalist Nick Baker at Flatford Mill in Suffolk, and today it's back into the rat race and huge (and I mean huge) amounts of washing!

You may have gathered that one of my main interests is the natural world. What I really like about the FSC courses is because the prices are very reasonable, they are opportunities for all. We stayed in Willie Lotts cottage (pictured) and did moth trapping, bat watching, mammal trapping (to name a few activities) and even saw wild barn owls. Why not have a look at their website www.field-studies-council.org for a range of really fun (and educational!) courses. Get out there this summer!

For starters I highly recommend the book 'Guide to Garden Wildlife'. One of the authors, Richard Lewington, is a tutor at Flatford Mill. Find details in the sidebar under 'My Favourite Books'.

Read more about the FSC, and an interesting article about moths (my favourites)...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: