Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Potty Edwards... A Book Review...

Vintage Royal Worcester English Bone China.Image via Wikipedia
Hi, I was reading my monthly edition of 'Market Times' and came across an article about a famous market family, the Potty Edwards.  Based in South Yorkshire they sold pottery, glass and china from 1910. 

Michele Lockwood-Edwards has written a book about her family's market history.  Set in a time gone by, the Potty Edwards would draw large crowds to watch them throw sets of best bone china across their stall as part of their sales pitch.  How's that for an alternative to TV?  I often wonder what these characters would be doing in the modern day world, what do you think?

Amazon is selling this interesting and entertaining book 'The Potty Edwards What a Way to Get a Living', see the sidebar for details.

I sell a few pieces of vintage china on my own market stall, and I'm making a start to see how it sells on my website too.  I'm putting my first piece on the website today and it's the vintage Royal Worcester english bone china pin dish in the picture.  Please go to www.arabellabianco.co.uk  for details of this, and gorgeous jewellery and fashion accessories.     
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Michele Lockwood- Edwards said...

Hi
Love the china. So great when people appreciate pretty vintage things.
Potty Edwards

Arabella Bianco said...

Hi Michele,

Thank you so much for your comment, it was really lovely to get a comment from yourself, the author! Markets aren't what they used to be, but there is currently a resurgence of interest in all things vintage. Glad you like the china. All the best with your book.
Arabella