Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Real People doing Real Things - Italy

My son Gerald holding up the leaning tower of  Pisa!

Hi, I'm back from my holiday in Tuscany, Italy.

OMG - it was 2am and the trip began...the coach arrived at 4.30am in Bromley and took two days, with an overnight stop in France, to reach Montecatini Terme. It was a bit like Steven Spielberg's road movie Duel without the truck (this was Spielberg's first movie made in 1971, really gripping, see the sidebar to buy this movie through Amazon).

We were in tourist mode, and my favourite was the leaning tower of Pisa, which was bigger than I expected and much more beautiful.

We met wonderful people along the way, including Diane, David and Robert from Rugeley, hi there!

Some lovely Italian music was played on the coach including O Sole Mio (Just one Cornetto - remember those Wall's ice-cream adverts?) by Luciano Pavarotti.

Following is a video of a moving metal water sculpture my daughter Eliza made on our way to the Tetticcio Spa. It was her first go at videos. I made a video of the Frejus road tunnel which is 8 miles long and connects France and Italy, but it was too large to load and needed turning the right way up, oh well back to the drawing board with that one! Enjoy!


video


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: