Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Vintage Costume Jewellery...

American entertainer Josephine Baker (1906 - 1975), in costume for her famous 'banana dance'. Baker was an overnight sensation when she arrived in Paris in the mid-1920s.   (Photo by Walery/Getty Images)

Hello. One more book review today: 'Costume Jewellery' by Judith Miller. This is the definitive collector's guide for costume jewellery with full colour photographs. I use it all the time for my business, a beautiful book, and really useful if you're just starting out. What I love about vintage costume jewellery is that it is so well-made, available and affordable. You can buy yourself a piece of gorgeous jewellery for a reasonable price, or of course you can splash out on the more expensive creations. There are always exciting pieces to be found! I do have a few on my website, www.arabellabianco.co.uk, and I've also added some new rings to my website this week, all hand-made in India.

Details of all the books I've reviewed can be purchased through that stalwart of booksellers, Amazon. Details in the sidebar.

Have you got a book you'd just love to recommend? Please leave a comment and I'll publish your recommendation.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my book reviews, and I've helped you find something captivating to read over the summer holidays. Enjoy!

3 comments:

fashion jewelry said...

Great post- well written, and fantastic. I love the look!
I just came across this blog and found it very interesting indeed.Thanks for sharing.

Arabella Bianco said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, so glad you enjoyed reading my blog.

fashion jewellery and accessories said...

Hope to see more stylish and fashionable jewelry of your collection.