Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Is it WHO you know, or WHAT you know?

LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 22: Jo Wood arrives at The ELLE Style Awards 2010 at the Grand Connaught Rooms on February 22, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)
I find reading biographies fascinating.  Biographies are useful resources for 'how to be successful' hints and tips. It's occurred to me lately though that who you know can be a big help towards success.

I do admire Jo Wood, who has created the fabulous Jo Wood Organics.

Jo Wood Organics - Amazon UK
Jo Wood Organics - Amazon USA

I really love the look of her Organic Eau De Toilette, a bit expensive but it's on my Christmas list!

I have two things in common with Jo Wood.  Firstly, we were born in the same year, and secondly my maiden name was Wood.  That's where the similarities end.  I haven't been a model (although I was once accepted at a model agency), or been married to a rock star (Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood) and neither am I friends with Kate Moss.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 04: Model Georgia May Jagger attends the Myer marquee during Crown Oaks Day at Flemington Racecourse on November 4, 2010 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)
Victoria Beckham poses for photographers at the International Herald Tribune Heritage Luxury conference in London November 9, 2010. REUTERS/Paul Hackett  (BRITAIN - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS FASHION SOCIETY)
Victoria Beckham as a highly successful fashion designer (forget 4 years training at St.Martins)?

And is model Georgia May Jagger really THAT attractive?

Is it WHO you know, or WHAT you know?  What do you think?

2 comments:

sayings about life said...

I adore biographies. It is amazing how many people have made huge mistakes only to rebound and reach ultimate success.

Arabella Bianco said...

Thank you for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog.

My two life sayings are:

'Don't cram too much in'
'Take Care'

Best Wishes, Arabella