Friday, 24 June 2011

THAT Dress ...

Debbie Reynolds Auction - Marilyn Monroe "...Image by popculturegeek.com via Flickr
Marilyn Monroe dress sells for £2.8m ($4.6m

Fabulous new book to be released ''Dressing Marilyn'' by William Travilla.

He designed Marilyn Monroe's most famous dresses including the iconic white cocktail dress from 'The Seven Year Itch' and the stunning pink dress in which she sang 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend'.

Order through my British amazon.co.uk store or American amazon.com store.

I always thought this dress was quite plain, but now I see it has a lovely band and bow detail.  Beautiful.  Such a shame the Reynolds collection has been broken up.  It would have been fabulous in a Hollywood museum.  I always enjoy seeing these amazing creations in real life, I've gazed at Princess Diana's in Kensington Palace and Elvis's at Gracelands, what more can I say.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: